Operators of waste water treatment plants are obliged to monitor their installation and control its performance. Part of this duty − depending on the size of the treatment plant − is regular determination of various parameters in the laboratory.
Metrohm provides fully automated solutions (titration, ion chromatography, voltammetry) for the following parameters:
- Chemical oxygen demand (COD) as per ASTM D 12552 and DIN 38409-44.
- Fluoride as per EPA 340.2.
- Chloride as per DIN 38405-1.
- Alkalinity CaCO3 as per EPA 310.1.
- Total hardness, Ca2+, Mg2+ as per DIN 384063-3.
- Anions, e.g. F–, Cl–, Br–, NO2–, NO3–, PO43–, SO42– etc. as per ISO 10304-1 and EPA 300.0/EPA 9056.
- Cations, e.g. Li+, Na+, K+, NH4+, Mg2+, Ca2+ etc. as per ISO 14911:1998.
- Oxyhalides as per EPA 300.1, Part B.
- Chromium(VI) as per ISO 10304-3 and EPA 218.7.
- Zn, Cd, Pb, Cu, Tl, Ni, Co as per DIN 38406-16.
- EDTA, NTA as per DIN 38413-5.