Apollo Scientific is a SANAS-accredited laboratory that uses calibration methods approved by SANAS technical assessors. It has technically competent staff and well maintained equipment in terms of reliability, validity and routine servicing. The calibration from the National Laboratory is used and the measurements are traceable to the National Laboratory.
Apollo Scientific is an ISO 17025 SANAS-accredited laboratory in temperature, force up to 2000kN in both tension and compression, displacement, speed, strain and hardness (direct and indirect). They use various ISO standards in their calibration methods and calculations on equipment.
Force calibration utilises:
- ISO 7500 (Part 1) tension/compression testing machines – verification and calibration of the force measuring system
- ISO 376 calibration of force-proving instruments used for the verification of uniaxial machines.
Hardness calibration utilises:
- Shore: A, B, O, C, D, DO (direct): ASTM D2240
- Brinell: Direct and Indirect method ISO 6506-2:2005 clauses 4.2 and 5
- Vickers: Direct and indirect method ISO 6507-2:2005 clauses 4.2 and 5
- Rockwell: Direct and indirect method ISO 6508-2:2005 clauses 4.2 and 5.
Apollo Scientific is currently the only company in SA accredited to perform both direct and indirect accredited verification of hardness testers.